Case Mix Index (CMI) is a standard metric used by most hospitals to measure documentation and coding performance. However, most hospitals do not usually consider the limitations of CMI as a performance metric. This session will introduce a best practice approach to CMI as a key performance indicator.
What You Will Learn:
- Learn how do to determine what the appropriate CMI target for a specific patient population should be
- Understand what to consider in selecting the benchmarks for performance
- Learn how to quantify the impact of documentation/coding performance improvements vs. changes in patient mix or external factors outside of CDI/HIM team’s control (e.g., like COVID)
- Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2022
- Time: 10:00 am PST | 12:00 pm CST
- Duration: 70 minutes