Office Location: Remote opportunities (within the United States) and onsite positions in Newtown Square, PA
About Versalus Health:
Versalus Health provides data-driven solutions combined with clinical operations support to hospitals and health systems nationwide to help them improve financial performance and Medicare compliance. The company has a vibrant culture that strives to promote a positive work-life balance while allowing professionals to utilize their skills in an environment that positively impacts healthcare.
As a Strategic Advisor you will bring your extensive consultative insight and knowledge of the hospital’s Clinical Revenue Cycle to drive optimal internal processes that deliver better revenue outcomes. You’ll build long-lasting and impactful relationships with hospital executives as you help them realize value from the Versalus Health program and drive their success. You will have overarching responsibility for one or more client accounts and create and drive their overall strategic plan with Versalus. Through data and analytics, you’ll benchmark hospital performance by payer and functional area, identify sources of lost revenue or risk, create and implement operational solutions that address these issues, and manage performance to drive outcomes. You’ll join a team of motivated and creative problem solvers who thrive under pressure and work in a fast-paced but collaborative team environment.
The Impact That You Will Have:
Over the last 20 years, many hospitals have been struggling financially due to complex regulation and policy changes set forth by Medicare and private payer organizations. Many have faced bankruptcy and in extreme situations some have even closed. Our Strategic Advisors lead challenging and rewarding careers by providing our hospital clients with strategies and solutions to ensure they are paid fairly which benefits them and the communities that rely on their services. Additionally, through coaching, development, and mentoring you will be responsible for growing other members of the Strategic Advisory Team.
In This Role You Will:
- Own a client account and be responsible for the day-to-day management of that client, overseeing the strategic plan and tactical activities related to ensuring the client’s success.
- Lead transformative programs that involve analyzing hospital claims and encounter data, identify issues, formulate and test hypotheses, and develop an approach to solve the client’s problem.
- Use your knowledge of healthcare industry and the Clinical Revenue Cycle to evaluate the impact of regulatory updates, process changes, new commercial payer agreements, and new strategic direction for hospital clients.
- Translate data into meaningful presentations and reports for key decisions makers and client executives.
- Develop, present, and implement recommended processes, education, training, and Key Performance Indicators.
- Collaborate with sales, regulatory and clinical leaders to create initial assessments for prospective clients and develop action plans with proposed solutions.
- Work closely with Versalus Health subject matter experts in the development of business cases for new products.
Do You Have What It Takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with demonstrated capability and experience in economics, finance, accounting, business, or other related analytical field is required.
- 5+ years of hospital revenue cycle consulting experience and experience analyzing hospital claims data; 8+ years of healthcare industry experience in a client-facing role preferred.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to synthesize data and information and summarize conclusions.
- Outstanding written and oral presentation skills, ability to engage in back-and-forth conversations with senior leaders, ability to be convincing and develop strong relationships.
- Possess strong Excel modeling skills – comfortable working with large amounts of data and relevant database (i.e., Access, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to effectively work with people across all functions and levels of the organization and under tight timelines.
May be expected to sit at a desk for long hours. Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Ability to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Versalus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.