Office Location: Newtown Square, PA with remote opportunities available
Versalus Health provides data-driven solutions combined with clinical operations support to hospitals and health systems to help them enhance Medicare compliance and improve financial performance. Versalus Health was founded by industry leaders who established the standard for reviews of Medicare short-stay cases and remain trusted advisors to hospitals across the country.
As a Medical Director for Versalus Health, you’ll have the unique opportunity to evaluate hospitalizations across the country while utilizing your medical knowledge and gaining experience as an expert advisor to Versalus Health’s client hospitals. You will perform clinical case reviews and provide recommendations that focus on establishing the appropriate admission status. Versalus Health offers a career path that allows you to continue using your clinical knowledge, drive value to hospitals while providing you with a predictable schedule. This opportunity allows for the work/life balance you desire while expanding your knowledge base in Utilization Review.
The Impact You Will Have:
Versalus Health is led by like-minded clinicians who share the same innate calling to help. Over the last 20 years, many hospitals have struggled financially due to complex regulations and policy changes set forth by Medicare and private payer organizations. Versalus Health physicians lead challenging and rewarding careers by providing our hospital clients with guidance to improve compliance and ensure appropriate payment for the care delivered. Your direct impact will not only help the hospitals we serve, but also the communities that rely on their services and physicians providing hands-on patient care.
Training (The first 4 to 6 weeks):
- Starting your first day of employment you will train for three pre-scheduled days per week for roughly 6 weeks.
- Training is conducted live between the hours of 9:00 a.m. ET to 5:00 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
After Completion of Training:
- The part-time schedule is a set schedule agreed upon by you and the hiring team prior to your start date
- You will be required to work a minimum of 18 working hours including 1 weekend shift (minimum 6-hour shift) per week
- You will be required to work a minimum average of 18 working hours per week, including at least 1 weekend shift (minimum 6-hour shift) per week.
- Shifts are scheduled between the hours of 8:00 a.m. ET to 9:00 p.m. ET
In This Role You Will:
- Utilize clinical expertise to identify the salient points within a case review
- Perform focused real-time and post-discharge case reviews in the hospital’s EMR
- Identify areas of process improvements and inefficiencies
- Interact with attending physicians at client hospitals
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned
Do You Have What It Takes?
- MD or DO degree with strong clinical knowledge
- Active unrestricted medical license in at least one state within the United States
- Required specialization in Adult Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist, Nephrology, or Infectious Disease; Board certification (preferred)
- At a minimum, 1 year of acute care adult hospital experience in a US hospital within the past 5 years or recent relevant physician advisor experience
- Working knowledge of hospitals’ EMR
- Computer proficient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player
- Quality of life with a remote predictable part-time schedule*
- Comprehensive training and education program
- Opportunities for career growth within the organization
*We organize our Medical Director’s schedules to serve our clients 365 days a year
Physical requirements include, but not limited to, sitting for extended periods of time, repetitive movement of hands/fingers (i.e., typing and/or writing), and ability to talk and hear.
Versalus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.