Office Location: Remote opportunities (within the United States) and onsite positions in Newtown Square, PA
About Versalus Health
Versalus Health is an innovative, rapidly growing physician-led organization that helps hospitals improve financial performance by benchmarking hospital performance by payer and functional area, identifying sources of lost revenue or risk, creating and implementing operational solutions to address the issues uncovered, and monitoring ongoing results. The company has a vibrant culture that strives to promote a positive work-life balance while allowing professionals to utilize their skills in an environment that positively impacts healthcare.
Strategic Advisors are experienced healthcare leaders willing to contribute to the success of Versalus’ clients while gaining a wealth of exposure to healthcare executives and issues affecting leading hospitals and health systems. Strategic Advisors are motivated and talented problem solvers, who enjoy multi-tasking, thrive under pressure and are out-of-the-box thinkers. The Strategic Advisor works at a fast pace in a collaborative team environment.
- Lead projects that involve analyzing hospital claims and encounter data, identifying issues, formulating and testing hypotheses and develop an approach to solving the client’s problem/question
- Use knowledge of healthcare industry to evaluate the impact of regulatory, process changes, new commercial payer agreements and new strategic directions for hospital clients
- Translate data into meaningful presentations and reports for client executives
- Develop recommendations to implement the findings
- Present recommendations to key decision makers
- Assist in the writing and refinement of client proposals
- Work closely with other teams and Versalus Health subject matter experts in the development of business case for new products
- Bachelor’s Degree, with demonstrated capability and experience in economics, finance, accounting, business or other related analytical field is required
- 5+ years of hospital consulting experience and experience analyzing hospital claims data
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to synthesize data and information and summarize conclusions
- Outstanding written and oral presentation skills, ability to engage in back-and-forth conversations with senior leaders, ability to be convincing and develop strong relationships
- Possess strong Excel modeling skills – comfortable working with large amounts of data and relevant database (i.e., Access, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to effectively work with people across all functions and levels of the organization and under tight timelines
May be expected to sit at a desk for long hours. Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Ability to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Versalus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.