Office Location: Remote opportunities (within the United States) and onsite positions in Newtown Square, PA
Commitment: Full-time & Part-Time
About Versalus Health
Versalus offers physicians the unique opportunity to utilize their medical knowledge and experience in assisting hospitals across the country. Your experience as a clinician is the asset needed for helping hospitals with Medicare compliance and guidance with insurance plans. No experience in utilization review is required – we provide you with the necessary training.
Dr. Robert Corrato, Versalus Health’s Founder and CEO built his previous company, Executive Health Resources, into the national leader in physician advisor services, serving over 2,000 hospitals nationally and employing over 800 physicians. Versalus is the next generation of that vision, and we invite you to become a part of this exciting opportunity.
If you are a physician looking for a new and exciting career path which allows you to continue using your clinical skills but provides you with a predictable schedule, apply to one of Versalus’ Medical Director opportunities!
The Medical Director acts as an expert advisor to Versalus’ client hospitals by providing hospital admission case reviews and recommendations, focusing on establishing the appropriate admissions status based on the hospital record.
- Perform focused real-time and post-discharge hospital case reviews in hospital’s EMR
- Utilize clinical expertise to identify the salient points within a case review
- Identify areas of process improvements and inefficiencies
- Able to work a scheduled weekend day
- May interact with attending physicians at client hospitals
- Opportunities for career growth within the organization
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned
- MD or DO degree
- Active unrestricted medical license in at least one state within the United States – required
- Required specialization in Adult Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist, Nephrology, or Infectious Disease- a must
- At a minimum, 1 year of acute care adult hospital experience in a US hospital within the past 5 years or recent relevant physician advisor experience
- Computer proficient
- Board certification (preferred)
- Strong clinical knowledge
- Working knowledge of hospitals’ EMR
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player
- Enjoy a work-life balance with a predictable schedule
- Compensation includes salary plus bonus opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, 401K
- Holidays, paid time off, short term and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
May be expected to sit at a desk for long hours. Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Ability to reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Versalus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.