Office Location: Remote opportunities and onsite positions in Newtown Square, PA
Versalus offers physicians the unique opportunity to leverage their medical knowledge and experience to help hospitals navigate relationships with insurance plans and Medicare. No experience in utilization review required – we provide you with the training. Your experience as a clinician is all that’s needed.
Dr. Robert Corrato, Versalus Health’s Founder and CEO built his previous company, Executive Health Resources, into the national leader in physician advisor services, serving over 2,000 hospitals nationally and employing over 800 physicians. Versalus is the next generation of that vision, and we invite you to become a part of this exciting opportunity.
If you are a physician looking for a new and exciting career that allows you to utilize your clinical skills but provides you with a predictable schedule, apply to one of Versalus’ Medical Director opportunities!
Job Description: Medical Director
The Medical Director acts as an expert adviser to Versalus’ client hospitals – providing case reviews and consultations in real-time, focusing on establishing correct admissions status and documentation, representing the hospital in payer interactions, and working with physicians around the country to provide education and support.
- Perform focused real-time inpatient case reviews by reviewing the information in the EMR
- Determine the salient features of a hospital stay.
- Interact and educate attending physicians at client hospitals.
- Utilize clinical expertise to teach concise documentation.
- Promote hospital efficiency through better communication between departments.
- Perform audits to identify areas of compliance and process risk and inefficiency.
- Perform Peer-to-Peer case discussions with payer medical directors.
- Additional responsibilities available with the growth of the company.
- MD or DO active license – required
- Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist background only
- Current or recent inpatient hospital experience – a must
- Medical degree and post-graduate medical training from accredited clinical programs
- Preferred but not required: Board certification
- Strong clinical knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Computer proficient
May be expected to sit at a desk for long hours. Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Ability to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Versalus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.