Office Location: Newtown Square, PA
Versalus offers physicians the unique opportunity to leverage their medical knowledge and experience to help hospitals navigate relationships with insurance plans and Medicare.
Dr. Robert Corrato, Versalus Health’s Founder and CEO built his previous company, Executive Health Resources, into the national leader in physician advisor services, serving over 2,000 hospitals nationally and employing over 800 physicians. Versalus is the next generation of that vision, and we invite you to become a part of this exciting opportunity.
Versalus Health helps hospitals and health systems improve financial performance by assessing and benchmarking performance, identifying sources of lost revenue or risk, creating and implementing operational solutions to address the issues uncovered, and monitoring ongoing results. The company has a vibrant, collaborative culture that allows physicians to utilize their clinical skills in an environment that positively impacts healthcare.
The Litigation Support Medical Director acts as an expert clinical resource to client hospitals and law firms by providing chart reviews, producing expert reports for government-funded or commercial cases in litigation or arbitration, prepping cases with attorneys, providing deposition, and participating in arbitration and litigation when required. This is a full-time position to be performed onsite at our Newtown Square, PA offices.
- Perform initial reviews of case summary, payer communications, and denial information
- Focused chart reviews to identify areas of conflict/error and adherence to established standards of care
- Preparation of expert reports and opinions
- Provide expert medical opinion/testimony for depositions or trial, as needed
- Research background medical information pertinent to the case
- Interacts with high level client personnel and attorneys
- Serve as a resource for legal firms in providing recommendations regarding denials
- Help recruit Medical Directors as needed
- Flexibility to travel as needed for court testimony or depositions
- Additional responsibilities and duties that would correlate with the growth of the company
- MD or DO – active or active retired license required
- No history of disciplinary action
- Medical degree and postgraduate medical training from accredited clinical programs
- Current or recent inpatient hospital experience required
- Board certification required
- Experience with providing clinical expert reports and opinions preferred
- Experience participating in deposition, arbitration, litigation preferred
- Strong clinical knowledge with broad case experience
- Ability to research clinical issues, and areas of conflict to determine scientific, contractual, and regulatory standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills. A strong command of the English language and grammar is necessary
- Able to collaborate with a team of experts to provide expert opinions, while able to work autonomously to complete personal tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a unique client needs
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer software applications
- Executive presence and ability to act as the primary contact on assigned engagements
- Good problem solver
- Organized, Self-Managing
May be expected to sit at a desk for long hours. Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Ability to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Versalus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.