Office Location: Newtown Square, PA with remote opportunities available
Position Type: Full Time
Travel: 50-60% expectation post-COVID-19 (while currently no travel is required due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are optimistic that this will change in the future.)
Required: MD or DO license
Versalus Health is an innovative, rapidly growing physician-led organization that helps hospitals manage their compliance and performance needs nationwide. Versalus offers physicians the unique opportunity to utilize their medical knowledge and experience in assisting hospitals across the country.
Dr. Robert Corrato, Versalus Health’s Founder and CEO built his previous company, Executive Health Resources, into the national leader in physician advisor services, serving over 2,000 hospitals nationally and employing over 800 physicians. Versalus is the next generation of that vision, and we invite you to become a part of this exciting opportunity.
Versalus offers outstanding growth opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits package including bonuses. Versalus has a vibrant culture that strives to promote a positive work/life balance. Join our team and positively change healthcare!
The Medical Director will be a member of the Clinical & Regulatory Affairs team and will act as a market-facing clinical and regulatory expert for hospital and health system clients. The Medical Director will also serve as a cross-functional team player with Strategic Advisors, Operations, and Analytics teams to ensure successful client launches and post-launch support. The successful candidate will be passionate about educating clients and prospects on a regulatory-driven Utilization Management approach.
- Key physician resource and subject matter expert for new client implementations and client relationship management.
- Primary educator for treating physicians, physician advisors, and utilization review staff on CMS regulations, compliant UR processes, and compliant chart documentation.
- Lead peer-to-peer discussions regarding compliant chart documentation practices.
- Participate in client projects involving chart documentation review.
- Deliver educational presentations virtually or onsite.
- Develop and manage relationships with key leaders at client hospitals.
- Interpret and deliver data analytics reports for hospital clients.
- Maintain clinical and regulatory subject matter expertise and follow changes that occur in the marketplace. (Company will provide training on CMS regulations, data analysis interpretation, and resources for staying up to date.)
- Other responsibilities as assigned. Duties may be subject to change at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, verbally or in writing.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Active unrestricted medical license in at least one state within the United States
- At a minimum, 3 years of acute care adult hospital experience in a US hospital within the past 5 years or recent relevant physician advisor experience.
- Medical degree and postgraduate medical training from an accredited program.
- Able to travel 50-60% of the time. (While currently no travel is required due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we expect this to change in the future.)
- Public speaking experience. Able to read audiences and engage various groups including physicians, utilization management staff, and executives.
- Strong clinical knowledge.
Skills & Abilities:
- Communication Skills. Communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical Thinking. Actively and skillfully conceptualizes, applies, analyzes, synthesizes, and evaluates information gathered from or generated by observation, experience, reflection, or reasoning.
- Initiative. Proactive and self-directed. Shows initiative and responsibility in taking the necessary steps towards problem resolution. Is self-sufficient and does not need to rely on others to complete a job.
- Adaptability. Maintains effectiveness when experiencing changes in work tasks or the work environment; adapts to change in environment and/or circumstances with a positive outlook and adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Curious. Actively seek out new ideas, possibilities, and answers to the tough questions. Committed to life-long learning.
- Detailed Oriented. Pays meticulous attention to detail, mines medical records for all relevant and supporting evidence, and conscientiously identifies all critical elements in chart.
- Computer Skills. Demonstrates proficiency and is experienced with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Salesforce, and Outlook in Microsoft Office, and Teams, Skype, WebEx, VPN access, navigating a variety of EHRs, and ability to problem solve Internet connectivity issues.
- Compensation includes salary plus bonus opportunities.
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, 401K
- Holidays, paid time off, short term and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
Physical requirements include, but not limited to, sitting for extended periods of time, repetitive movement of hands/fingers (i.e., typing and/or writing), and ability to talk and hear.
Versalus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.