Position Type: Part-Time: Saturday, Sunday & Monday
Location: Onsite positions in Newtown Square and/or remote opportunities
Versalus Health is an innovative, rapidly growing physician-led organization that provides hospitals with next-generation solutions focused on the intersection of utilization management, revenue cycle, and compliance. The company has a vibrant culture that strives to promote a positive work/life balance while allowing physicians to utilize their clinical skills in an environment that positively impacts healthcare. Versalus’ Medical Directors collaborate on teams and share their medical expertise while educating hospital clients. Come be a part of the Versalus team and positively change healthcare!
Job Description: Medical Director
The Medical Director acts as an expert clinical and educational resource to client hospitals by providing real-time and project-based chart reviews, participates in periodic healthcare data audits and analyses and implements physician documentation and compliance process education. The services are performed electronically and over the phone.
- Focused real-time chart reviews with a focus on compliance and physician documentation
- Project-based review of charts from hospital clients for purposes of evaluating and explaining variance from expected outcomes.
- Promote hospital compliance with CMS policy regarding the 2 Midnight Rule
- Involved in periodic data audit and analysis to identify areas of compliance and process risk and inefficiency to inform areas where real-time processes require modification and or change
- Occasional educational interaction with attending physicians at client hospitals
- Provide in-depth clinical expertise, educate treating physicians, and document clearly and concisely
- Additional responsibilities driven by the growth of the company
- Strong clinical fund of knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Computer proficient
- Good problem solver
- MD or DO – active license required
- Medical degree and postgraduate medical training from accredited clinical programs
- Board certification preferred
- Previous physician advisor and/or medical director experience helpful but not necessary
May be expected to sit at a desk for long hours. Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Ability to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Versalus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.