Office Location: Onsite position in Newtown Square, Pa and/or remote opportunity
Versalus Health is an innovative, rapidly growing physician-led consulting organization that helps hospitals improve financial performance by assessing and benchmarking performance to identify sources of lost revenue, creating and implementing operational solutions, and monitoring ongoing results. The company has a vibrant, collaborative, client-focused culture that encourages professional growth while striving to positively impact healthcare.
The CDI Medical Director/Physician Advisor acts as an expert clinical and educational resource to client hospitals by providing real-time and project-based clinical documentation improvement advisory compliance and educational services, participates in periodic healthcare data audits and analyses. Advisory services are performed either onsite, electronically, or over the phone.
- Focused real-time chart reviews with an emphasis on improving physician documentation to support payment integrity and prevent payer denials
- Provides feedback to medical staff regarding clinical documentation, level of care, and length of stay
- Educate medical staff regarding coding guidelines, severity of illness and risk of mortality reporting, DRG assignment, correct disease, reportable public data, and the need for accurate clinical documentation to capture profiling data
- Collaborate with clinicians and coding professionals to review selected health records, explain clinical issues, and assist in developing appropriate and compliant clinical documentation queries
- Involved in periodic data audit and analysis to identify areas of compliance risk, inefficiency, and to improve real-time processes
- Project-based review of charts from hospital clients for purposes of evaluating and explaining variance from expected outcomes
- Provides education to physicians and other clinical staff related to regulatory requirements and utilization of resources and service management
- Provide in-depth clinical expertise, educate treating physicians regarding clinical documentation integrity concepts
- Promote hospital compliance with CMS policy regarding the 2-Midnight Rule
- Must be available to work at minimum 20 hours per week
- Must be able to travel at least two consecutive days to per week to meet with clients across the country, attend conferences, and training sessions
- Strong clinical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and public speaking
- Ability to work with clients and colleagues in a positive professional manner
- Computer proficient
- Team Player
- Excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Understanding of Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) payment model (DRGs) and ICD-10-CM/PCS coding classification
- MD or DO active license – required
- At a minimum, 5 years of acute care hospital experience in a US hospital
- Specialization: Hospitalist, Intensivist, or Critical Care
- Board certification preferred
- Previous Physician Advisor and/or Medical Director experience highly preferred; however, we are willing to train a candidate who meets all other requirements
May be expected to sit at a desk for long hours. Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Ability to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Versalus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.