Office Location: Remote opportunities and onsite positions in Newtown Square
Commitment: Full-time and Part-time positions available
Versalus offers physicians the unique opportunity to leverage their medical knowledge and experience in a new and impactful way, helping hospitals navigate relationships with insurance plans and Medicare. No experience in utilization review required – we provide you with the training. Your experience as a clinician is all that’s needed.
Dr. Robert Corrato, Versalus Health’s Founder and CEO built his previous company, Executive Health Resources, into the national leader in physician advisor services, serving over 2,000 hospitals nationally and employing over 800 physicians. Versalus is the next generation of that vision, and we invite you to become a part of this exciting opportunity.
If you are a physician looking for a new and exciting career that allows you to utilize your clinical skills but provides you with a predictable schedule, apply to one of Versalus’ Medical Director opportunities!
The CDI Medical Director acts as an expert clinical and educational resource to client hospitals by implementing real-time and project-based clinical documentation improvement, providing advisory compliance and educational services, and participating in periodic healthcare data audits and analyses. Advisory services are performed either onsite, electronically or over the phone.
- Focused real-time chart reviews with an emphasis on improving physician documentation to support payment integrity and prevent payer denials
- Documents patient care reviews, decisions, and appeals denials
- Provides feedback to medical staff regarding level of care, length of stay, and clinical documentation
- Provides education to physicians and other clinical staff related to regulatory requirements, utilization of resources and service management
- Provide in-depth clinical expertise, educate treating physicians, and document clearly and concisely
- Educate medical staff regarding coding guidelines, DRG assignment, severity of illness, and risk of mortality reporting
- Educates medical staff regarding correct disease and public reportable data, and the need for accurate clinical documentation to capture profiling data
- Collaborate with clinicians and coding professionals to review selected health records, explain clinical issues, and assist in developing appropriate and compliant clinical documentation queries
- Involved in periodic data audit and analysis to identify areas of compliance risk and inefficiency, to improve real-time processes
- Project-based review of charts from hospital clients for purposes of evaluating and explaining variance from expected outcomes
- Promote hospital compliance with CMS policy regarding the Two-Midnight Rule
- Additional responsibilities that would correlate with the growth of the company
- Strong clinical fund of knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Team Player
- Computer proficient
- Good problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Understanding of Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) payment model and ICD-10-CM/PCS coding classification
- MD or DO – with active license
- Medical degree and postgraduate medical training from accredited clinical programs
- Recent inpatient hospital experience
- Previous physician advisor and/or medical director experience helpful but not necessary
- Board certification preferred
May be expected to sit at a desk for long hours. Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Ability to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Versalus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.