Office Location: Newtown Square, PA with remote opportunities available
Versalus Health provides data-driven solutions combined with clinical operations support to hospitals and health systems to help them enhance Medicare compliance and improve financial performance. Versalus Health was founded by industry leaders who established the standard for reviews of Medicare short-stay cases and remain trusted advisors to hospitals across the country.
As a Medical Director for Versalus Health, you’ll have the unique opportunity to evaluate hospitalizations across the country while utilizing your medical knowledge and gaining experience as an expert advisor to Versalus Health’s client hospitals. You will perform clinical case reviews and provide recommendations that focus on establishing the appropriate admission status. Versalus Health offers a career path that allows you to continue using your clinical knowledge, drive value to hospitals while providing you with a predictable schedule. This opportunity allows for the work/life balance you desire while expanding your knowledge base in Utilization Review.
The Impact You Will Have:
Versalus Health is led by like-minded clinicians who share the same innate calling to help. Hospitals nationwide have recently struggled with managing complex and unforeseen challenges such as global pandemics, complex regulatory updates, and downstream policy changes set forth by Medicare and private payer organizations – resulting in financial difficulty. Versalus Health physicians lead challenging and rewarding careers by providing our hospital clients with guidance to improve compliance and ensure appropriate payment for the care delivered. The impact of your role will allow attending physicians to focus on what is most important, providing dedicated care to the patients they serve.
Training (The First 3 Weeks):
- Training will occur Monday-Friday 9A-5P ET
After Completion of Training:
You will work a set schedule of 40 hours each week that is agreed upon by you and the hiring team prior to your start date.
Shifts are typically scheduled between the hours of 8:00 a.m. ET to 6:00 p.m. ET
Each of your shifts will be 9 hours in length, which includes one hour of dedicated break time.
Weekend and evening shifts are available, but not required for this position.
In This Role You Will:
- Work with Versalus’ analytics team auditing encounters that are selected for clinical review of the medical record with a focus on regulatory compliance.
- Review a variety of short-stay inpatient encounters referred to Versalus by our clients, ensuring that the patient status is accurate and compliant with Medicare regulations.
- Be expected to manage and maintain your client systems access to log in remotely to EMRs to review the medical record.
Working at Versalus:
- All necessary hardware and software is provisioned to each of our Medical Directors
- You have the ability to work remotely in a comfortable environment
Do You Have What It Takes?
MD or DO degree with strong clinical knowledge
Active unrestricted medical license in at least one state within the United States
Required specialization in Adult Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist, Nephrology, or Infectious Disease; Board certification (preferred)
At a minimum, 1 year of acute care adult hospital experience in a US hospital within the past 5 years or recent relevant physician advisor experience
Working knowledge of hospitals’ EMR
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quality of life with a remote predictable schedule
- Comprehensive training and education program
- Opportunities for career growth within the organization
- Salary plus bonus opportunities**
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, 401K**
- Holidays, paid time off, short term and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance**
- Allowance for CME and/or licensure renewal
**Full-time hours apply
Physical requirements include, but not limited to, sitting for extended periods of time, repetitive movement of hands/fingers (i.e., typing and/or writing), and ability to talk and hear.
Versalus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.